The most basic accessories including in men’s apparel is what a belt is. Even though it’s not always worn, the belt is what completes a man’s outfit (just like blazers) and even adds more flair if paired correctly with the outfit. But a wrong belt and you will have a disaster knocking at your door. So you see, it’s quite important for you, men, to know How to Find the Perfect Belts for Men.
You might never think much about looping the same belt around your waist but it’s time that you should know certain things about this one of the most common accessories of yours. Despite being a necessity that holds up your pants, the belts are also considered as a style statement that builds up your persona, literally. The type of belt that you choose for yourself actually resembles your taste and style and of course shows your fashion sense.
How To Find The Perfect Belts For Men
Few Basics About Belts That You Must Know
Before you go and pick a belt for you, there are certain things that you should definitely know about. Here are such things that will definitely come in handy.
- First, you must know the belt that you are choosing is a casual one or a dress belt. Basically there only these two types of categories of belts – Casual and Formal (Dress belt). A dress belt will mostly come in the basic colors such as black and brown and the material used is leather whereas a casual belt is mostly made of fabric and the colors vary accordingly.
- Sometimes even some casual belts can be worn for formal occasions but of course, the look of the belt must be similar to the formal ones to closely imitate it.
- Generally, the length of the belt that you choose should be a size or two greater than that of your waist. You don’t want its tail hanging around, so better choose the belt with one or two sizes greater that will neither be much tight nor will have a loose end and is easily adjustable.
- Buckles are what you can call the center of attraction. Well, it’s technically true. You should be conscious about the buckle of your belt to avoid that disaster that I first told you about.
The above were just a few glimpses of the basics of belts. Let’s get into some details now.
Types Of Belt
Like I said, there are two types of belts: The Formal and The Casual.
- Formal Belts: Formal belts are made from leather and I would suggest going for the quality ones. The expensive high-quality leather belts might lighten your pocket a bit but it will totally be worth it. The man-made leather belts will give you an illusion of the genuine leather and will come cheap too, but they are not durable. The suede belts are also formal and are good alternatives to leather belts.
- Casual Belts: Casual belts are made from fabric. Belts made from cotton and polyester are mostly used and come in many colors since the fabric can be easily dyed. Casual belts come in many different patterns and materials including wool and add more pizzazz to your outfit.
Colors Of Belt
The belt colors depend of course on the material that you choose. Mostly leather or suede belts will come in dark shades of brown and black. The best colors for a dress belt are brown, black, mahogany, tan, and other shades of brown.
Tip: For a perfect formal ensemble, make sure that the colour of your belt matches with your shoes. It is, in fact, the most important rule of business attire. After all, there exists a dynamic colour psychology and theory for you to read and choose colours wisely.
The leather belt should match with your shiny leather shoes while the matte or textured belts should match with the respective shoes. For casual belts, you have the freedom to wear shoes that you like. You can either pair the belt with matching shoes or just opt for sneakers of any other color. Groom up and
Again, the type of belt buckles will either resemble a formal or casual look depending on its type and size. The bigger the buckle of the belt, the flashy it is and the more attention it will grab. Although you don’t want to appear as a person seeking attention by showing off some big, obtrusive buckle. It does not look cool. So better choose the belts with simple and sober designed buckles.
Your apparel will decide the buckle of your belt. For formal attire, simply choose gold or silver-toned buckles with elegant designs for a sophisticated and classy look. Larger buckles with round or oval in shape mostly are used for casual attire. Even if in casual belts the buckle size could be a bit bigger than the formals, you still shouldn’t choose loud or over the top larger buckles. You can also pair accessories such as a gold watch or cufflinks with gold buckle and silver with silver.
A man who knows what is supposed to be in his wardrobe and how to use it is well respected and of course represents that he has a perfect fashion sense indeed. So pick your belt with care and opt for a humble appearance with a perfect belt that will add more poise to your look. Talking of appearance and missing out these short hairstyles and haircuts would be just unaffordable!