Sensitive skin demands a lot of extra care which is why men have been switching to specially made skincare products. But creams and face washes are not enough to take care of sensitive skin.
One of the most important ways when the skin should be taken care of is during shaving. Sensitive skin is easily irritable and requires both adequate moisturization and sharper blades during shaving.
In this article, we will be listing the Best Men’s Electric Shaver for Sensitive Skin. We have also included a buying guide to help make the decision easier.
Top Rated Men’s Electric Shaver for Sensitive Skin
1. Panasonic Arc5 – Best Overall
The electric shaver from Panasonic has the advantage of five blades on its side. The outer foils are thin enough to provide comfort while the outer blades are firm and sharp to give a smooth shave.
The linear motion of the blade is more than enough to drive through dense hair without any problem. The shaver will not get caught up in thick hair which makes for a great advantage.
Going through the curves is the priority and requires a lot of care from the shaver. This device will adjust the motor speed by auto-sensing. The shave will be thorough because the technology of this shaver allows for the head to tilt in different directions for a perfectly clean look. This shaver can be both in a wet and dry environment.
- 5-Blade Shaving System
- Wet/Dry Operation
- Li-Ion battery
- Fast linear motor
2. Philips Norelco Shaver 7100 – Best Skin Protection
Sensitive skin requires a shaver which is manufactured specifically for extra care. The ComfortGlide rings work to provide a smooth shave while protecting the skin from nicks and scratches. These rings and a special coating are there to help with the reduction of skin irritation that is likely to happen after shaving.
The shaver will globe on your skin without getting caught up anywhere which will make the process quicker and less irritating. The blades are designed to help with shaving as fast as possible without having to glide repeatedly over the same spot. One can use gel or foam-based cream during shaving in both the shower or by the sink.
- SenseIQ Technology
- Li-ion battery
- SkinProtect blades
- Wet & Dry operation
3. Braun Electric Razor Series 7 – Best for Thicker Hair
With a wireless charging station, this electric shaver has several benefits that we will be listing. For one, it can easily stand its own on both dry answer conditions. Another advantage is that it can sense when you are approaching the area with thicker hair. With sensitive skin, it is better not to glide too much on the same spot.
So the shaver increases the motor speed to tackle the area in one go rather than you having to spend too much time in one place. The foil helps with the perfect clean shaved look and offers precision trimming. Apart from the synergized foil, one also has water-resistant blades that are meant to help in the shower.
- Precision Trimmer
- Charge Station
- Foil Shaver
- Stainless Steel
4. Remington F5-5800
If there is one feature that you should look for in electric shavers, it is their pivot capability. Easy pivoting makes gliding easy along the curves from the chin down. Furthermore, an advantage is that you can easily shave and stay close to the skin to cut the hair closer to the surface without any problem.
If you are worried about its washability, you can either clean it with a damp cloth or even choose to wash it under the sink. The detail trimmer is to help you with the precision of designing or giving the final touches to the appearance of your facial hair. This shaver will take an approximately two hours to fully charge.
- Pop Up Trimmer
- Cordless design
- Stainless Steel
- Foil Shaver
5. BaBylissPRO Barberology Double Foil Shaver
If you try this shaver out, you will understand that it is more than just a pretty thing. The appearance is a clear advantage but that is not all this luxury brand has to offer. This shaver has a very powerful motor to tackle both soft and dense hair with equal ease. You can tackle the hairline and achieve the ideal groomed look with just this one product.
This product comes with a storage pouch so helps in its portability and can be carried during travel easily. It has enough battery to last for three hours which is more than what anyone requires. The hypoallergenic foils with this shaver help reduce the possibility of skin irritation which is ideal for anyone with sensitive skin.
- Nickel-metal hybrid (NiMH) battery
- Titanium foils
- Weighs just 454 Grams
- Robust rotary motor
6. Andis 17150(TS-1) Pro
If you want a good grooming product that is also used by professionals for a clean look, then this electric shaver is one worth investing in. This shaver can be bought in both cord and cordless versions as per your budget and comfortability. The titanium foil blades are a clear advantage to anyone with sensitive skin.
During shaving, the main concern is bumps, nicks, and irritation which comes afterward. This shaver is designed to reduce all of it with its hypoallergenic titanium foils. If you are someone who likes to switch up their look every few weeks, then this grooming product might be right for your interests much like it is for your sensitive skin.
- Lithium-ion battery
- Weighs 0.6 Pounds
- Titanium Foil
- Available in both Cord/Cordless options
Buying Guide to Buying Men’s Electric Shaver for Sensitive Skin
Sensitive skin requires extra care and one needs to be careful while buying skincare products as well as razors or electric shavers for the skin. Men are becoming more vigilant about skincare which is the reason why we have curated this buying guide to help make shopping easier for them.
Type of Shaver
There are notably only two types of shavers. These will require you to choose between the available options on the basis of your skin type. The premier type of shaver is the foil shaver. It cuts close to the skin to keep the hair away from the skin surface. It will have to be glided by the user for a clean-cut look. The shavers are designed to reduce irritation.
The second type of shaver is the rotary head shaver. Rotary heads are essentially a combination of three rotating heads that will move and glide on the curves. A great advantage is that they can move on their own and some even have auto-sensing technology which allows the rotary heads to move of their own accord.
Look at the Blades
The type and quality of the blade depend on the manufacturer and their commitment to providing good products to their clients. A cheaper blade will go plant easily and will cause a lot of scratches or scrapes.
A cheaper blade will also get caught in the hair and cause severe discomfort. A good quality blade on the other hand will last longer and stay sharp. A quality blade will be sharper and give the skin a smoother finish.
The battery life is extremely important while looking for an electric shaver because you do not want it to run out mid-shave. Try to go with the wireless charging device rather than one with the cord because it will be more comfortable for you. Also, look at the type of battery being used.
Lithium-ion batteries are anyone’s best bet because the drainage time is slower as compared to other alternatives. Usually, you can expect the run time of any electric shaver to be between 40 to 60 minutes. Batteries are all rechargeable but the life will depend on the quality the manufacturer is providing.
Suitable for Sensitive Skin
We do not need to mention this point separately but it is an important reminder to look at your sensitive skin and choose the best product available. Many companies will claim that their product is suitable for sensitive skin.
You should be vigilant about the settings on a shaver so that it suits you. Mini electric shavers come with different adjustable settings to help with different skin types. The main settings you should look for include the rotational speed of the blade so that the shaving is easier on the skin.
Just because you are buying a product for sensitive skin does not mean that it has to be costly. Setting a budget for having a threshold beyond which you would not spend is a good way to shortlist different products in the market.
The price will vary based on the quality of the manufacturer and the different specifications and features of the product. Understand that the high-end products are going to do the same job as the mid-range products so go for the quality.
Reviews and Ratings
The ratings and reviews of any product available online will equip you to make and inform decisions about the product you want to buy. The ratings are the best way to shortlist a long catalog of products. Reading reviews is important before finalizing the purchase.
After you have gone through the specifications of the different shavers try to compare them on the basis of the customer reviews.
The motor of a shaver is important to ensure efficient performance and a smooth shave. If the device has a powerful shaver it will be perfect to use on sensitive skin because it will be taken care of in one go.
If the motor runs slower it will take you a long time to clean out the area and you will have to wait for several long minutes until a shave is done. The more you have to use the blades on a particular area, the more chances there are of razor burns and incomplete shaving.
We hope that after reading about all of these products and the general features that you should look for, you feel confident about buying the Men’s Best Electric Shaver for Sensitive Skin. If you have a strict budget, try to go with the essentials and make sure you are getting good quality blades and a long battery life.
Some additional specifications to look at include the lack of overheating, wireless charging, and compact design. You can surely compensate for most of these additional specifications but try not to compromise the quality.
What does foil do?
Many shavers mentioned in this list have advertised about being a foil shaver. The main function of a foil shaver is the reduction of irritation by keeping the bristling hair away from the skin. The foil shaver has a meshed part that bifurcates the shaved area and helps you globe further to cover a larger area for a close shave. Foil cuts from side to side which is why it can give a more efficient clean cut.
Are rotary shavers good for sensitive skin?
Whether rotary shavers are good for sensitive skin entirely depends on how sensitive your skin is and how thick your hair is. The main point of concern many people have when it concerns rotary shavers is that they will get caught in thick hair and cause severe discomfort. No one wants uncomfortability which is why many people pass on rotary shavers. New designs are introduced in the market with automated sensing to help with a good shaving experience.
Can I get an electric shaver with quick charging?
There are certainly certain options available in the market that offer quick charging. It will help especially when you are in a hurry or are traveling. IF you think you do not require quick charging exclusively, then any electric shaver that takes nearly 60 minutes to fully charge would work just fine. Quick charging is mostly preferred as a method of prevention in case of emergencies.
What is important to look for in an electric shaver for sensitive skin?
Some of the important aspects to look at while shaving includes adjustability. You should always be in control when you want a gentle shave or high motor speed for thicker hair. Adaptability to both wet and dry conditions is another pro. Wireless and compact design come next.
- Enjoy a clean shave that follows your face's contours with 5-directional pivot, flex and floating movements. The head reaches your face at the ideal...
- Get a convenient dry shave or a refreshing wet shave with gel or foam, even in the shower
- With ComfortCut blades, you get a clean shave that's comfortable on your skin. Rounded caps shield 27 self-sharpening blades to gently cut hair just...
- Pop-up trimmer for mustache and sideburns. Ideal for maintaining your mustache and trimming your sideburns. Includes: Electric shaver, travel pouch,...
- 60 minutes of cordless shaving from a 1-hour charge Shave for up to 60 minutes on a 1-hour charge - that's about 20 shaves - with the powerful Li-ion...
- World’s most efficient electric shaver . Efficient, close and gentle, for a flawless shave
- Best efficiency: 5 shaving elements get more hair in one stroke than any other shavers
- Best for gentleness: sonic vibrations glide over your skin for maximum skin comfort
- Use wet or dry. Now with 20% more battery power
- Product designed, engineered and made in Germany. Recommended by GQ and the Skin Health Alliance accredited
- Intelligent Sonic technology automatically increases power while shaving in difficult areas and on denser hair
- The Series 7 electric razor comes with an ActiveLift trimmer that captures flat-lying hairs in problem areas
- OptiFoil cuts hair as short as 0.05mm for perfect closeness
- Synergized foil and blades give you a perfect shave with Series 7 razors
- 100% waterproof shavers for easy cleaning. ActiveLift trimmer captures flat-lying hairs in problem areas
- Easy Clean Electric shaver for men with 3 Flexible Blades that adapts to facial contours for a close shave made easy
- The EasyClean system delivers a fast and easy cleaning without removing the shaver head
- Li-Ion Battery for up to 3 weeks of shaving (50 min). 5 min quick charge for one full shave
- 100% waterproof electric razor for Wet & Dry use
- Included: Charging Stand, Precision Trimmer attachment, Body Groomer attachment
- BRAUN'S BEST RAZOR, NOW EVEN BETTER: Braun Series 9 Pro is the world’s most efficient electric shaver, now better with a flexible new ProHead that...
- MORE EFFICIENT & GENTLE: The innovative ProLift trimmer captures and cuts flat lying hair, with Braun’s unique Sonic Technology that helps to shave...
- PRECISE TRIMMING: slide out precision trimmer for precise sideburn or mustache detailing.
- 50% MORE BATTERY TIME with the world's first PowerCase: charge anytime & anywhere with this portable shaver charging case, its powerful built-in...
- INCLUDES electric razor; charging PowerCase; 5-in-1 SmartCare center that intelligently selects a cleaning program, hygienically cleans, lubricates,...
- Philips Norelco Shaver 7700 delivers a smooth shave while reducing skin irritation. Only Philips has ComfortGlide rings, a special coating to protect...
- Shaving heads are surrounded with ComfortGlide rings, a special protective coating with skin gliding properties, to shield your face from irritation.
- With up to 90,000 cutting actions per minute, the SkinProtect blades deliver a close shave with fewer passes for more comfortable skin. Automatic...
- Powerful cleaning pod thoroughly cleans and lubricates your shaver in just 1 minute, keeping it performing at its best for longer.With a powerful...
- NOTE : The power plug contains a transformer. Do not cut off the power plug to replace it with another plug as this will cause a hazardous condition.
- AutoSense technology reads and adapts power to beard density ; Shaving even dense beards
- Li-Ion Battery for up to 3 weeks of shaving (50 min) ; 5 min quick charge for one full shave
- 100% waterproof electric razor for Wet & Dry use
- Included: 4in1 SmartCare Center, Beard Trimmer, Stubble Beard Trimmer attachment
- GIFT: Give the gift of the perfect shave with a Braun fathers day gift for your dad, brother, or husband
- ComfortCut Blades, get a clean shave that's comfortable on your skin. Rounded blade caps shield 27 self-sharpening blades to gently cut hair just...
- Experience a convenient, clean shave with heads that flex and float in 4 directions. The head adjusts to the curves of your face, ensuring smooth...
- Pop-up trimmer for mustache and sideburns. Finish your look with the built-in trimmer. Ideal for maintaining your mustache and trimming your...
- One-touch open for easy cleaning. Experience a convenient clean shave with heads that flex and float in 4 directions. The head adjusts to the curves...
- 40 minutes of cordless shaving from an 8-hour charge - that's about 13 shaves. Or plug it in for instant, continuous power.
- Pivot and Flex Foil Technology Stays close to skin for smooth results
- Rechargeable battery 60 minutes of cordless runtime.To clean the external surfaces of the shaver, use a damp cloth
- Pop up Detail Trimmer For finishing touches on your facial hair and sideburns.Do not use strong detergents or other chemical
- Easy to Clean Washable under the faucet; Charging time 2 hours; Voltage: Worldwide
- Sharp men’s shaver blades: Panasonic Arc5 men's electric shaver with five ultra-sharp precision honed 30° Nanotech blades and ultra-thin Arc foil...
- Wet/Dry electric shaver and trimmer 2 in 1: Built-in pop up trimmer details mustaches, beards and sideburns; Wet/dry waterproof shaver allows for...
- Multi Flex pivoting head: Panasonic flexible pivoting electric shaver head glides effortlessly to trace the individual contours of face, chin, neck...
- High performance motor with a linear drive: This Panasonic shaver is equipped with a linear motor which delivers 14,000 cuts per minute (70,000...
- LCD battery indicator: The shaver’s 10 stage LCD shows battery status at a glance; Rechargeable, portable and travel friendly