In contrast to the usual, constant fatigue – this is already quite a serious “bell” for a person. One thing is when the body asks for a rest after a hard work week or long physical training. And quite another when this condition can be called chronic.
Here you already need to take measures, preferably urgent. If you leave the problem without attention, you can easily undermine your health, both physically and emotionally. In addition, such symptoms inevitably reduce the quality of life, which is also unlikely to suit anyone.
Two types of fatigue
Constant fatigue is a state of the human body, characterized by a serious loss of energy, the inability to perform their work duties, and the lack of motivation. All this necessarily affects both the physical and psychological health of people.
It seems like a person sleeps a lot, eats a varied diet and has no bad habits, but the feeling of chronic fatigue does not leave him. It may be that the feeling of exhaustion brings to a complete inability to engage in their everyday activities.
Fatigue comes in two forms:
It is normal when the physical fatigue accumulates in the human body gradually, as a result of any load, but after a good rest, it all goes away. If the feeling of constant fatigue remains for a long time, there is a sleep disorder, there are health problems, the person has to make exorbitant efforts even for the usual physical actions, such as climbing stairs, going to the store, washing the floor or even doing their homework as a student. Actually, it’s sad that students don’t have enough time to rest but fortunately, they can use EssayAssistant to help them deal with tasks.
If a person used to go to the gym with ease and pleasure, but now he abandoned the lessons because of the sheer impotence. Simple household issues such as ironing clothes, cleaning the apartment, overcoming the path from the house to the parking lot are no exceptions. Pay attention to these symptoms, you should also be alert to frequent, if not constant, muscle weakness.
This is where things are even more complicated. People stop controlling not only their physical condition but also their mental activity. Concentration, memory, the ability to assimilate new information suffers. Any mental work seems to be something impossible. If we talk about drivers, such a constant feeling of fatigue can hurt the ability to drive safely, such people three times more often than others become the cause of accidents on the road.
Symptoms of Constant Fatigue
Fatigue, gradually accumulating in the human body, causes all kinds of physiological, emotional, and mental symptoms:
- The decline of strength, minimal ability to work. If your well-being in 6 months has deteriorated by more than 50% according to these indicators, we can talk about clinical changes.
- Rapid fatigability. The situation should not be ignored when ordinary activities that are an integral part of life have become a drag. And we are not talking about working moments, laziness can become lazy to go to the store, meet with buddies, and many other things.
- Mood swings. Such fluctuations are a sure indicator of chronic fatigue syndrome. From a sudden burst of anger to complete apathy – in an instant.
- Problems with sleep: insomnia, intermittent sleep, constant sleepiness.
- Headaches that have become very different, not the same as before: their character, intensity, duration have changed.
- Deterioration in concentration, mood swings, irritability, problems with memory, and logical thinking.
- Deterioration in the work of the immune system manifests itself in an exacerbation of chronic illnesses, frequent sore throats, and otitis media.
- Poor coordination of movements, ringing in the ears, impaired thermoregulation of the body, slowed reactions.
- Increased lymph nodes.
We recommend paying attention to the first symptom from the list, it plays a key role. The others complement it.
If no measures are taken to combat the constant (unremitting) weakness and fatigue, you can inevitably face a deterioration in the quality of human life, and the life-threatening situations are not far away. It is important to start treatment in time.
The main causes of constant fatigue
There are two main causes of fatigue: physiological and pathological. Normal physiological reasons are fitness training, hard physical work, active rest, a shift of human biorhythms (for example, when changing time zones).
Pathological causes are much more serious:
- Deficiencies in the body of vitamins and micronutrients provoke constant fatigue. These are primarily vitamins B, D, C, potassium, magnesium, iodine, iron, and others. It is better not to experiment, but to take the appropriate tests and already based on the results of consultation with a specialist to adjust your diet, if this does not help – to drink special vitamin supplements.
- Hormonal imbalance. This problem is urgent for both women and men. But more often it is in women that the constant and severe tiredness is caused by a failure of the hormonal system. Tiredness, lethargy, frequent migraines, menstrual cycle disorders (in women), mood swings, sweating – these are its frequent manifestations. Exclude self-medication. Thyroid problems may have caused the malfunction.
- Vascular dystonia. There are a whole bunch of gastrointestinal malfunctions, heart problems, insomnia, and frequent dizziness.
- Acute respiratory infections, frequent colds, flu. Muscle and joint soreness, high body temperature, and persistent whole-body aches and pains are sure signs of inflammation in the body.
- Heart problems. Do not hesitate to visit a cardiologist if constant fatigue begins to be accompanied by heart pain.
- Diabetes mellitus. Here also it is not possible to make self-diagnosis, therefore it is recommended to address the qualified help to the doctor. Delay is like death, in this case, it is so. A quick correct diagnosis will save you from complications in the future.
- Anemia. From the lack of oxygen begin to suffer internal human organs, including the brain, are the main indicator of anemia – a decrease in hemoglobin.
- Mental and psychological problems: frequent exposure to stressful situations, prolonged depression, anxiety, enormous pressure on the human psyche.
- Medications in the wrong dosage, uncontrolled timing of taking pills, abrupt withdrawal of medications can lead to negative consequences for the body. There is a feeling of fatigue, a constant state of fatigue that does not go away for a long time.
- In the case of chronic lack of sleep (insomnia) sooner or later a person knows firsthand what chronic fatigue syndrome is, the body becomes exhausted.
- Overweight, malfunctioning of the gastrointestinal tract. In this case, first of all, the work of other life-support systems of a person suffers cardiovascular, bone, and others. There is a high risk of side diseases such as diabetes or sleep apnea.
- Lack of physical activity, up to its complete absence.