Hair is a wide field for experiments for those who want to refresh their everyday look for an event or change it radically for a long time. If you are determined for lasting options, this article is for you. Here we will talk about choosing unusual hairstyles, how to decide which one suits you best and how to care about your hair after you made a decision.
How to Choose a Hairstyle That Suits You
Changing appearance might require a bit of courage sometimes, especially if you want to try something extraordinary. However, experimenting with your look can be more predictable if you consider the shape of your face and the color tone of your skin. By following them, define which haircut or color fits you best, even if you are going to get a hairstyle you’ve never done before.
Although every face is unique, anyone can relate to one of the seven types of proportions. Knowing this helps to choose a suitable haircut, its length, and styling. Apart from common oval, square, round, and triangle types, there are some less obvious names.
- Oblong faces are noticeable longer than their width.
- The diamond shape means a pointed chin and high cheekbones.
- A face with a pointed chin and whose forehead is wider than cheekbones belongs to the heart shape.
For those who think of dyeing, color type is the most important. If you choose a color (or colors) depending on the skin tone, even an unusual one can seem appropriate. There are a few popular diagrams that are supposed to reflect the variety of faces, yet the most reliable way to describe yourself is to define whether your skin tone is warm or cool.
- Pay attention to the color of your veins. Green veins are a sign of a warm undertone, while blue and purple colors mean that you have a cool one.
- Many guides also advise paying attention to the shade of the eyes, yet, it is a popular mistake since the color of pupils doesn’t say much about your color type. Look at the sclera instead. If it has a yellow shade, your undertone is warm, while a blue shade is a sign of a cool one.
- Reaction to the long exposure to sunlight is a specific feature, yet it is a reliable marker for white people. Those who have a warm undertone burn less frequently than people with a cool skin undertone. It is explained by the different amounts of melatonin each type has.
What Do You Mean by Unusual?
Any extremity is unusual, whether we talk about common hairstyles or your own habits and taste. For example, long haircuts might still seem to be unusual for men since they are associated with some subcultures or a bohemian lifestyle.
- Shaved sides might be seen as a middle ground. This opinion allows changing your appearance and growing your hair as long as you want it. However, such a hairstyle is specific and might not suit any face shape.
- Extremely long hair can also be seen as something extraordinary. It demands lots of patience and care to make it look attractive, yet you can try different hairstyles like buns, braids, and many other variables.
- Retro styles require patience when styling but they will definitely drive others’ attention. Such a choice rarely fits everyday looks but it is perfect for special occasions. Research hairstyles that were popular in previous decades like the 20s or the 60s and try something among them like the pompadour, low fade with a side part, or even the Elvis cut.
- If you are ready to introduce new colors but have doubts, take a look at the ombre. It is a combination of two colors that slightly flow one into another. It is a perfect option for the first steps in coloring since you can always cut the edges if you don’t like the result.
- Those who feel more courageous about experiments can try the fairy tale character’s look, fully dyeing their hair in unusual colors like green, blue, purple, or any other they might like. You can look at a full variety of hairstyles like this by visiting this site.
Choosing a hairstyle is only halfway since healthy hair is essential for any stunning look. Besides basic care rules that are suitable for any type of hair, there are some tips for particular hairstyles which make them look their best.
- If you have short hair, comb it less frequently and get used to doing it with your fingers. On the other hand, such a hairstyle requires everyday washing. They also need to be maintained more often than usual hair, once about three to six weeks.
- Using conditioner is important for any kind of hair, but it is crucial for long haircuts. The longer your hair grows, the more fragile the edges become. Therefore, they require more protection than the hair of middle length. We also recommend choosing the right brush and avoiding tangles and using hot tools.
- If you dye your hair, wash it less frequently and try dry shampoo instead to make the color last longer. After coloring, the shaft becomes more fragile, so using a conditioner is necessary no matter how long dyed hair is.
- Curly hair gets dry easily, so choose a suitable shampoo that won’t dehydrate it. It is not recommended to brush curly hair, yet if you decide to do it, use a wide-toothed comb. To make it softer, you can apply oils and oil masks.
Hair Health and Your Taste
Any face is exceptional, and there is no direct answer to “Which hairstyle suits you best?” According to the shape of your face and its color tone, you can approximately define which haircut or hair dye won’t spoil your appearance. The rest is completely up to your taste. The only rule that can be applied to anyone is to keep your hair healthy and follow the daily care routine; otherwise, any hairstyle you choose won’t look well-groomed.