No one likes gray hair. Anytime a new gray hair pops up, we feel dejected because black hair is associated with beauty and youth. While there is nothing wrong with gray hair and they do not affect the quality of hair follicles, it is natural to want to keep your hair all youthful. Anyone over the age of 35 can experience a sudden rise in gray hair follicles.
It is a very big change for anyone who has so far been used to their original hair colors. It has to do with pigmentation of the follicles which is eventually lost as a person ages. There is little to nothing which can be done to reverse aging.
However, one can try to reduce the number of gray hairs with the use of some home remedies. In this article, we will try to outline some of the easiest ways to keep your scalp healthy and get rid of gray hair permanently.
1. Make Some Lifestyle Changes
Yes, you heard it right. Just making lifestyle changes can dramatically change how your body reacts to different aspects of aging and biological changes. In this case, we are talking about eating well and getting rid of all the habits that promote bad countenance. The easiest way to begin is by switching to a balanced diet.
This will create an abundance of vitamins and minerals to your body that promote better cell regeneration. It will help in keeping you healthy and your cells from getting too old too soon. Vitamins A, B, D, and E are the most important for healthy and pigmented hair. In the same vein, one needs to have minerals such as zinc, selenium, copper, iron, and magnesium in their diet.
While one needs to eat right, they also need to let go of everything which is making their quality of life deteriorate. It means that habits such as smoking regularly or atg all can also damage your health and make you age faster than anticipated. So, it might be time to kick the habit if you do want to keep gray hair at bay.
2. Keep Away From the Sun
The sun has a lot of potential to damage not only your skin from UV rays but also your beautiful tresses. Everyone loves letting their hair fly in good weather but one needs to be more aware of how often they are doing it. Once in a while is alright but if the sun exposure is for prolonged periods. The best thing would be to take a step back.
If you do not know already, there are hair sunscreens available in the market.
These will protect your scalp and locks from extensive damage from the sun. It Is especially important for anyone who does n’\ot wear any head crying and has to step out every day. If you do not want to spend money on sunscreen, the cheaper alternative will be to buy a scarf or a hat.
3. Keep the Chemical Treatments to a Minimum
Chemicals are good for giving visible rest but if the procedure is not done right, they can do more harm than good. For instance, many salons use harsh chemicals for bleaching and coloring which damages the roots and the scalp extensively. This can accuse premature aging in many follicles.
This is the reason why people opt for no ammonia hair colors and other healthy products. Additionally, there also exists the possibility of an individual using harsh products in their shampoos and conditioners without knowing. This creates a cycle of exposure to bad chemicals which causes long-term damage.
Sometimes, damage from chemicals is not released until it is too late. This is when one needs the help of professionals. They have specialized methods to help their clients and make them look naturally beautiful again. If you would like to reverse gray hair on your head, it is best to recruit professionals like reparex.com.au to help you out.
4. Healthy Switches
We have already established what one needs to eat and what one needs to let go of to get good hair. Some of the healthy switches to alternatives will also come from care products. We have just mentioned how too harsh chemicals give short term satisfaction but long term damage. In the same line, we would like to suggest some alternative products to try out:
- Coconut oil is a savior for the scalp. One should massage it every other day or twice a week for long tresses. Make sure to cover the length and wash your head the following day after sleeping with the oil on.
- Black sesame seeds work like magic for your graying locks. One does want to stop the process permanently which can happen if one eats a spoonful of back sesame seeds at least twice a week. Do not eat it more than thrice a week.
- Wheatgrass juice is the perfect remedy to include daily in your diet. One can either add them to their liquids like soups, juices or smoothies. Or they can opt for drinking wheatgrass juice directly.
- Blackstrap molasses are also good for entirely reversing the graying process. One only has to take them every other day. One can pair eating this with a coconut oil massage to better remember the change in routine.
- Onion juice can be taken out right at home and massaged onto the scalp about an hour before washing. It is a natural conditioner and also prevents tangles along with gray.
We hope that these tips and general lifestyle changes are simple enough to adapt to getting rid of gray hair permanently. Everyone has a different expectation of aging and rarely anyone would want such a drastic change to embrace their white locks so openly.
There is nothing wrong with looking for alternatives. They are natural and hence would not have side effects. If the problems are severe, one can even take professional advice and medication.