It is normal to worry about the design of your new tattoo. Not everyone is born an artist, and some people might feel frustrated when it comes to art. While tattoo professionals have numerous options in their portfolios, not all of them are unique or match the picture in your head. If you haven’t decided on a particular image yet, you can get inspired by a specific tattoo site, Pinterest, or the movie you like the most. However, if you want a unique picture, you need to spend some time on it.
Simple Tips on Original Tattoos
Here are a few tricks on how to stay original in a world filled with standard tattoos:
- Ask yourself about the reason for making a tattoo;
- Understand the meaning you want to put behind the tattoo;
- Choose the place of your tattoo;
- Pick the style you like the most. You can easily use Pinterest for it;
- Make the research online and via the tattoo shops. Watch your favorite anime and movies to get inspired;
- Reveal your character through this tattoo, and don’t be afraid to show your personality;
- Be open-minded to the suggestions of your artist whom you trust the most. Discuss all the possibilities. It is possible that your artist already has a piece of art other clients ignored or hesitated to pick. You might like it.
Your Unique Tattoo
Don’t be afraid to try something new. You don’t need to choose the same tattoo you have seen on your friend. If you liked this image but still want to make it unique, you can take the original idea and experiment with it by changing styles or colors. Every tattoo artist has a unique style that can be copied.
You can start by writing down all the ideas that come to your mind. It can be anything random. Just take a paper or open the document on your computer and make a list. Your subconscious helps you to find the right theme. Try to work for up to 10-15 minutes at least. Once the time is up, read the list. If you have a deep story inside you, you can concentrate on representing it via a tattoo. Usually, we don’t realize how much we want to express something until we write about it. If you don’t have such a story, you will still find things you love the most on this list.
It is up to you whether you want to provide a deeper meaning to the tattoo you are going to get. If you have a motif in your mind, you will have to find how to reveal it throughout the art. For example, your tattoo can be symbolic. We all know that some objects can have two or three meanings. For example, the mythical bird phoenix is born for the second time after surviving through death. You can think about your amulets or the characters you find deep connections with.
The location of your tattoo can make even the most standard picture something unique. Before you go to a tattoo artist, think about the place of your body you want to decorate. Consider the following factors:
- People that can see the tattoo. It can be personal, or it can be hidden. It depends on your preferences and the tattoo’s meaning. You don’t have to expose it, or you can show it only to your friends. If you work in an office intolerant to tattoos, you might want to make it where you can easily hide it with clothes;
- The meaning changes based on the part of the body. For example, you might want to decorate your ring finger with the name of your beloved one. It will have a sense on this particular finger, while the significance will be lost on your neck. Yet, if you want to keep something private, you have to consider legs or hips. Consult with the artist.
Think of the style that can express your personality. You might want a tattoo made of black ink with direct lines. If you want a bright and cheerful tattoo, you can experiment with colors. You can concentrate on your favorite colors but make sure they match the tattoo since you will not be able to easily change something you don’t like after the artist draws it. If you want to mix styles, you can ask your artist whether it is possible.
Provide the detailed research
Even if you want to draw your tattoo by yourself, you need inspiration. There are millions of websites with pictures that can inspire you. Try to search for the theme you want to concentrate on. Currently, there are numerous AI programs that require only a few keywords to help you create unique art if you want. However, once you find the picture you like, save it and leave for the day. The next day, come back to this picture and look at it again. Based on your mood, the attitude towards the picture can differ.
Focus on the following aspects of your search:
- The pattern you like;
- Colors that you want to add to your tattoo. You can find an incredible combination of colors and shades;
- Shapes that you want to see in your tattoo;
- A wide range of cultures you are curious about can help to find the tattoo you want. It can be your native culture or the one you are most interested in. For example, your name in Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs is unique and indicates that you admire this culture and its history.
Be Creative During the Process
Searching for ideas for your tattoo can be one of the most exciting moments of the whole process. No one limits your time, and you can search for pictures you like as much as you want. Pay attention to the tips above. You can follow them while trying to choose a unique design. If you want to draw something by yourself, you can use other pictures for inspiration.